Friday 30 September 2011

Dust.


This morning in our little bedroom in Rye a single beam of light shone through a gap in the curtains lighting up all the tiny pieces of dust.

When I was very young I used to be entranced by this kind of magic that sometimes used to happen in our front room, especially on days when the curtains would be drawn on a bright afternoon so we could watch an old film on tv and my parents would have what they called 'a little nap'.

Watching these little dots float around on the air I realised that without the light shining on them they didnt disappear but would still be there all of the rest of the time, only just not seen. But I would still be moving around amongst them and I would still be breathing them into my body but I just wouldn't be seeing them again... until the next time when their beauty shone once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment